Sunday, September 6, 2026

My Top 5 News Sources

 1. Roca News

My main news source is one that many people appear to seem unfamiliar with. RocaNews views themselves as a "non-partisan" news source that does not take sides from a Republican nor a Democratic stance. As someone who has been getting a lot of my news stories from Roca, I can say for myself that there is no obvious bias in their writing. They strictly cover what is going on in the world with no opinionated pieces. I also enjoy reading comments from other readers to see their stances. It is a good escape for me, as I don't need to constantly look at a mainstream media source that has a clear agenda to push.

2. TikTok

Yes, I know it doesn't sound great, but TikTok has provided me with interesting and engaging news stories. Considering I am on my phone a lot, (maybe a little too much), I rely on TikTok to give me updates on our world. The format is easy to comprehend and it's easy to stay updated. There may be a lot of bias, but it is quick and effective information to post and the content gains a lot of traction from viewers.

3. Instagram

Similar to TikTok, I know it's not the best, but it gets the job done. My algorithm is able to pick up on the content I am interested in, so I get a lot of news sources on my explore page, as well as Instagram reels. The graphics made by most creators are extremely eye-catching and pull me into their stories. While some may consider the app to be a "news source," I still find it to be very much informative and it helps me stay aware on certain news stories.

4. Fox News

And in comes the sources that I don't typically "enjoy" to watch. As almost everyone knows, Fox News has a clear Republican agenda that they post. While there are left-leaning news anchors on the network, the stories are pushed towards those on the right side of politics. While it is definitely not my favorite source to read for independent views, it can still be interesting at times. I enjoy reading not just moderate stories, but I also like seeing what both sides have to say. It helps me get a better understanding of where the right may be coming from.

5. CNN

This is pretty much the same as my previous writing. CNN is known as the main left-leaning news source in the country. Their political stories are almost certainly anti-republican and anti-Trump. Their audience consists of those who consider themselves liberal, and Republicans find themselves calling the network "fake news." Just like Fox News, I don't see myself as being ignorant toward their clear bias, but with that being said, I enjoy seeing how the left will view certain political stories. I'm able to compare and contrast between stories at CNN and Fox News. 

No comments:

Post a Comment